Mar 25, 2019
Over 300 educational, business, government and community from the North Bay Counties will meet on April 5, 2019 at Sonoma State University to discuss pathways to Economic, Social and Environmental Resilience at the 14th Annual Sustainable Enterprise Conference.
Also under discussion will be theGreen New Deal, a 10-year plan to mobilize every aspect of American society patterned in part on Roosevelt’s New Deal whose goal is to protect our environment and at the same time create economic prosperity for all.
The Conference will address environmental, social and economic problems that already are harming the prosperity and security of the region through the spate of recent wildfires.
Panels and workshops will include a Sustainability Assessment and Outlook for the North Bay region.
• How can we build an inclusive, equitable economy that meets our communities economic, social and housing needs.
• How we can build environmental resilience to protect our natural ecosystems.
• What some leading North Bay companies are doing to build our economy while preserving and protecting the environment.
• What Sonoma State University is doing to become a leader in resilience and climate education.
• What progress has been made on rebuilding after the fires and what can we do to prevent future calamities?
The conference starts at 8:45 with keynotes by Senator Bill Dodd and is followed by 12-panel presentations and World Café activities to facilitate conversation and for all participants share their knowledge.
Panel conversations on North Bay Sustainability and Resilience will feature experts including Supervisor Jim Gore; Elizabeth Brown President of theSonoma County Foundation, Dr.Greg Sarris, SSU Professor and Tribal Chairman of the Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria and Dr. Richard Heinberg, author and Senior Fellow at thePost Carbon Institute.
For registration and more information see the website.Northbaysec.org
Please support our sponsors:
LOCAL GUIDE to Cannabis Dispensaries and Delivery Services, Sonoma County & Beyond.All dispensaries have verified their information.
Your GUIDE to support locally-owned garden businesses and natural landscaping practices.