Oct 26, 2019
Fire Update - please stay connected to SoCoEmergency Services for constant updates. Winds are predicted to pick up tonight to alarming speeds - power is still on in many locations, but scheduled shut-offs are in process. Evacuation Centers are uo and running to accommodate evacuated communities...see below. It's easy to think it won't happen but it IS happening for thousands of people.
· The entire Town of Windsor and City of Healdsburg with numerous unincorporated areas are under evacuation orders.
· Much of West County under evacuation advisory.
· Shelters opened at Santa Rosa Vets Center (Capacity 350), Petaluma Vets Center (Capacity 300), Petaluma Fairgrounds (Capacity 400) and the Petaluma Community Center (Capacity 300).
· The Santa Rosa Fair Grounds and Analy High School in Sebastopol are pending.
· Large animals should be evacuated to the Santa Rosa Fairgrounds
· People with disabilities can call paratransit at 707-573-3377 to request evacuation.
Kinkade Fire Update
· 10% contained as of 7:30am
· 25,455 acres burned
· CalFire is hitting the fire hard; pre-painting the unburnt areas with retardant.
· 30 Strike teams will be here; 15 are in station and 15 will be here in the morning
· The 747 Tanker is in Sonoma County fighting the fire.
Wind/De-energization Event – 10/26
· The weather has changed and the event of the forecast is not expected to last as long; the back end of the event may be ending sooner. The start time of the wind event has been moved up to 4:00pm and the backend has been moved up to 8:00 am
· Forecasted to be the strongest wind event of the season, this is a 1 in a 15 year event, with fuels extremely dry creating an elevated, critical extreme fire weather
· In addition to three 3 Community Resource Centers set up by PG&E located in Santa Rosa, the Hannah Boys Center in Sonoma and at the Cloverdale Citrus Fair; the locations in Sonoma County will be open today at 8:00am though 8pm through the duration of the event
· PG&E still working on an additional Community Resource Center for West County
Sonoma County Resource Centers
Cloverdale Citrus Fair
1 Citrus Fair
Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building
1351 Maple Avenue
Hanna Boys Center
17000 Arnold Drive
Upcoming Wind Events
· Prepare for another Winter Storm wind event October 29 through the 30th
Please see updated approximate de-energization times for today’s public safety power shutoff.
Thank you for your patience, as this is a fluid situation in which the forecast models change. These may also change but are the latest times for the planning purposes of our communities.
"This wind event is forecast to be the most serious weather situation that Northern and Central California has experienced in recent memory. We understand the widespread impacts this Public Safety Power Shutoff will have across Northern and Central California. We would only take this decision for one reason – to help reduce catastrophic wildfire risk to our customers and communities. There is no compromising the safety of our customers, which is our most important responsibility," said Michael Lewis, PG&E's senior vice president of Electric Operations.
PG&E Customer Notifications and Impact
Customers can go to pge.com/pspsupdates tolook up individual addresses to see if they are impacted by this event.
In most cases, the company has notified potentially impacted customers at 48 hours, 24 hours and just before the de-energization. However, customers not impacted by the PSPS, including those not within high fire-risk areas, may experience power outages due to PG&E equipment damaged during this major wind event. Those customers will not be notified in advance.
It is very possible customers may be affected by a power shutoff even though they are not experiencing extreme weather conditions in their specific location. This is because the electric system relies on power lines working together to provide electricity across cities, counties and regions.
The impacted counties, cities and communities are listed below. Customers can go to pge.com/pspsupdates to look up individual addresses to see if they are impacted by this event.
This weather map is especially interesting to look at - you can change the elevations and whether you are looking or gust or steady wind...stay on top of whats coming our way - this image is for 11 pm October 2, 2019: https://www.ventusky.com/?p=38.60;-122.74;8&l=gust&t=20191027/0600
Please support our sponsors:
LOCAL GUIDE to Cannabis Dispensaries and Delivery Services, Sonoma County & Beyond.All dispensaries have verified their information.
Sonoma County Bike Shops and Groups. Find LOCALLY-OWNED Bicycle Shops for NEW, Used and Rental Bicycles as well as REPAIR. Look for a bike-riding group that suits your needs and style.
Find Goldsmiths and Jewelers who create custom designs, offer jewelry repair, estate appraisals, and gems.