Nov 20, 2019
COLD WEATHER ADVISORY - this is especially important for people living without shelter. When these advisories happen Catholic Charities and the county put up warming tents and open more shelters. Pets are especially at risk - people say - hey they have fur - but that's not as good as multiple layers of clothing and boots.
Effective Wednesday, November 20, 2019, Sonoma County is issuing a cold weather advisory in response to theNational Weather Service’s prediction for temperatures in the 30s overnight in parts of the county that might also be without power.
Strong winds may increase the danger from cold temperatures (wind chill). Infants, the elderly, those without shelter or heat, and people using alcohol or other drugs are at higher risk from health problems caused by cold.
The Sonoma County Health Officer strongly advises individuals adhere to the following:
· Stay indoors as much as possible.
· If you must go outside, dress appropriately and limit exposure.
· It is best to wear several layers of loose-fitting clothing when outdoors, including a hat, scarf and mittens.
· If clothing becomes wet, remove it immediately.
· Protect people at high risk by providing warm clothes and blankets.
· Check on elderly or disabled neighbors frequently.
· Bring animals indoors.
Please support our sponsors:
LOCAL GUIDE to Cannabis Dispensaries and Delivery Services, Sonoma County & Beyond.All dispensaries have verified their information.
Sonoma County Bike Shops and Groups. Find LOCALLY-OWNED Bicycle Shops for NEW, Used and Rental Bicycles as well as REPAIR. Look for a bike-riding group that suits your needs and style.
Find Goldsmiths and Jewelers who create custom designs, offer jewelry repair, estate appraisals, and gems.