Jun 28, 2017
Moving has been said to be one of the 3 highest stress factors in our lives. When an older person, who may been living in their home for 30 years or more, has to move to a smaller residence by choice or is forced to move because they can no longer care for themselves, this can be one of the most trying times of life.
America’s aging population has created a demand for Senior Moving Managers.
They go beyond the basics of packing and unpacking to help seniors and their families have a stress-free move.
They can provide a full menu of services and provide a customized plan which can include:
• Organizing, sorting and downsizing
• Disposing of unwanted items through an estate or moving sale or donations to charities and gifting to friends and family
• Finding and supervising movers
• Professional packing and unpacking
• Setting up the new residence
• Providing the care and compassion so important during this time
They work closely with family members who may live in another state and cannot physically be present for the move. This can give adult children of seniors peace of mind knowing that their loved ones are being cared for.
The Senior Move Manager is the one who makes sure the whole process goes smoothly so the client can focus on having a smooth and easy transition to their new home.
Marjorie Sands and Teresa Nelson have recently started Transitions with Ease, Rightsizing and Organizing. We are located in Petaluma but work in all cities in Sonoma County and can be reached at707-889-2300, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com