Public Workshops and Survey on Sonoma County Composting Facilities
Apr 17, 2017
The Sonoma County Waste Management Agency (SCWMA) is holding two public workshops on April 19th and 27th to receive feedback on an upcoming Request for Proposals (RFP) process for securing long-term organics processing capacity.
The SCWMA is seeking public input on community and stakeholder priorities for the upcoming RFP for the following issues:
• Focusing on a single facility or multiple facilities
• Considering in-county facilities only, or all viable facilities
• Technology type proposed (composting, anaerobic digestion, vermicomposting, etc.)
• Finished product standards (organic agriculture, backyard gardening, land cover, etc.)
• The relative importance of disposal cost, securing long term capacity, providing local soil amendments, maximizing landfill diversion, reduction of greenhouse gas emission from transport and processing and related to landfilling organics, and the production of clean energy
Please consider attending one of these public workshops:
Sonoma County Waste Management Agency Board of Directors Meeting
Santa Rosa City Council Chambers
100 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Regular Session Meeting begins at 8:30 am
Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building
1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
3 – 6 pm
Responses will be accepted until April 28, 2017.
Please support our sponsors:
WIN FREE TICKETS TO THE FERMENTATION FESTIVAL. Sign in to the Gazette Website and make a comment on ANY of our online ARTICLES and "Like us on Face book" Must email Vesta@sonic.net once the above has been completed to claim Tickets.